We’re thrilled to announce an extremely exciting acquisition to our fleet for 2022, the awe-inspiring brand new Sanlorenzo SX76. She’s on order and we can’t wait to make her available for yacht share. So who is Sanlorenzo, and what does the SX76 offer to people like you who are keen to get involved in fractional boat ownership? Here’s the story.
About Sanlorenzo S.p.a
Sanlorenzo S.p.a. is a legendary Italian shipbuilding specialist. They produce a limited number of luxury yachts and superyachts each year, measuring anything from 24m to 70m long, and are headquartered in Ameglia, La Spezia.
The company was founded in 1958 by Gianfranco Cecchi and Giuliano Pecchia with a shipyard near Florence. In 1972 the company was taken over by Giovanni Jannetti, the innovator who created the first fibreglass hulled boat in 1985. The firm moved to their current Ameglia HQ in 1999. 2005 saw Massimo Perotti, the Executive Chairman, take over. Now the company has four production plants in Ameglia, La Spezia, Viareggio and Massa.
The 2019 Boat International Global Order Book gave Sanlorenzo second place worldwide, labelling it “the most prolific single-brand builder in the world”. It’s no surprise since they created a grand total of 87 craft through 2019, up 13% on the year before. These days Sanlorenzo employs around 500 people and regularly accesses the skills of an impressive network of 1500 enterprises and artisans.
Yacht design the Sanlorenzo way – Company ethos
Every Sanlorenzo craft is the result of a complex five stage customisation process that develops the boat to the customer’s needs, pins down the number, size and type of cabins, and delineates areas with special purposes like entertainment and relaxation. They use leading international designers to understand exactly how a customer’s style needs to be expressed within the design, the best artisans to carry out the work, and no detail is too small for their laser focus. In fact nothing is standard, and everything is luxurious.
Sanlorenzo is the first yachting company to bring in the skills of internationally-respected designers. And the list is an impressive one. It includes the brilliant Dordoni Architetti, Antonio Citterio, Patricia Viel, Piero Lissoni, Patricia Urquiola, John Pawson and Christian Liaigre. Thanks to them, the styling of Sanlorenzo yachts is unique, in many cases completely reinterpreting the entire concept of on-board space. Now that Piero Lissoni is the company’s art director, we can only expect the designs they innovate to become even better.
A multi-award-winning boat builder
Sanlorenzo’s remarkable history of coveted awards speaks for itself. In 2008 it won the ShowBoats Design Award by ShowBoats International for its 40 Alloy, and in 2009 it took the World Superyacht Awards by Boat International, again for the 40 Alloy. 2010 saw it take the Show Boats Design Award by Show Boats International for the SL106 and the World Superyacht Awards by Boat International for the SD126.
The list goes on and on, with awards given every year. In 2019 it took a prize at the Asia Boating Awards for the Sanlorenzo 500 Exp Best Explorer Yacht. The World Yacht Trophies that went to Sanlorenzo Attila were for Best Interior Design Trophy and the Sanlorenzo SD96 for Best Layout. And the 2019 Montecarlo Yachting Show handed over a MYS/RINA Award for the 64 Steel Attila
About our new Sanlorenzo SX76 – Available for sharing in 2022
We can’t tell you how thrilled we are to have a brand new Sanlorenzo SX76 in the pipeline for 2022. Here are some details about her specification to whet your appetite!
- Sanlorenzo’s signature large, dark streamlined windows
- Seamless layout and painstaking attention to detail
- A hand-laminated hull
- A superstructure in a composite based on carbon fibre – light, stable and strong• Lots of space
- A length of just over 23m
- A wheelhouse on the flybridge frees up the main deck to create a seamless living area or optional separate dining area
- The aft deck functions as a spacious beach club at water level, with 18m space for two toys and a small hidden crane
- Interiors by the great architect Piero Lissoni, rich in openness, luminosity and elegance
- Open plan living area with an extraordinarily beautiful custom sculptural helical staircase connecting the flybridge and cabins
- Quiet, classy contemporary furnishings and materials in white-grey and cream
- Floors in oak planking and cladding in wood with dark seams
The technical details
- Length overall 23.75m
- Maximum beam 6.6m
- Construction height 3.07m
- Displacement half load 63t
- Displacement full load 67t
- Waterline length half load 21.05m
- Waterline length full load 21.15m
- Draught half load 1.58m
- Draught full load 1.65m
- Guest accommodation for 8 people
- Crew accommodation for two people
- Engine 2 x IPS1050 Volvo
- Engine Consumption (approx) 2 x 113 l/h @ 2100 rpm
- Power output @ 100% MCR – 2 x 588 kW @ 2300 rpm
- Gearbox 2 x IPS
- Transmission IPS
- Propeller Volvo IPS
- Gensets 1 x 28kW
- Rudders N/A
- Maximum speed (approx) 22kn
- Cruising speed (approx) 18kn
- Economical speed (approx) 11kn
- Max range at economical speed (approx) 615nm
- A/C power 95500btu/h
- Fuel capacity 4350L
- Fresh water capacity 1400L
- Black water capacity 400L
- Grey water capacity 400L
- Tender length 4m max
- Tender weight 700kg max
Are you interested in sharing our brand new Sanlorenzo SX76?
If you’d like to express an interest in this remarkable brand new craft, ready for syndicating in 2022, we’ll be delighted to discuss the fractional yacht ownership details with you.